Why oh Why Oh Why?

Viewed 710 times
Started 2012-08-16T22:53:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

retrotog
2012-08-16T22:53:00+00:00
 profile photo
I recently booked a model to shoot in Peterborough! 3 weeks ago I booked a hotel for Monday 13th Aug. I drove as quickly as I could from home, about 270 miles, got there early, set up my lights and props, showered, relaxed, phoned, emailed checked, everything OK. 'Sorry I'm not available at 18.00. You said 19.00 I''m still with a client' . Alarm bells begin to ring. I go to the pickup point, her home, so I can be ready for 19.30 our re-arranged meeting time. Yes the address does exist. Go to a nearby Mc Donalds, which I hate, phone rings, text, 'Just thrown up. What are the consequences of cancelling?' I text, 'I despair'! Return to city centre and walk around looking at the architecture! Early back to hotel, watch crap tele, go to bed early
Fortunately the following morning I'd booked a professional dancer with a professional attitude at a very reasonable fee. Sso journey not completely wasted.

What do I do? Slag off this wannabe, unreliable 'model' so others don't suffer? Forget and forgive and add it to 'experience gained'.. But at a great cost £80 petrol.£30 hotel. £4 parking, £10 food, a days travel! and frustration! Book her again and get the shoots I'd planned?
Just too many bad experiences with models! Time to give up photography and take up gardening?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads