Tagged photos.

Viewed 670 times
Started 2012-09-02T08:45:00+00:00
4 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

retrotog
2012-09-02T08:45:00+00:00
 profile photo
Why do photographers withold the name of their models, real or fiction, or do not tag other models that are on this site?
I'll withold the name if they are old stock, from my library and the model may have moved on, or regretted doing the style they did a while back.
OR if the model was only just acceptable to me or liable to cause a problem for fellow togs and models.
OR if the model requests it and very flatteringly says they only want to model for me.
BUT tagged photos with the name appearing in red on Photo Information is a great help to any model wanting to do more modelling be it paid or fun or TFP.
Model names appearing in black on photo information are OK but annoying for me, in that if I like their look and want to approach them I either have to send an email to the tog asking if they can send the models my details or let me have the models details providing they have given permission or search the internet for an imaginary or real named model in the area I guess it was taken in.
Perhaps some photographers are jealously guarding their stable of models and contacts? Understandable in some cases. It takes a lot of money and time to find good models, especially reliable ones.
BUT let's be generous. Come on models ask to have images used, tagged, so others who see the beautiful work and craftsmanship spent by togs toiling in front of a screen and tapping away at a keyboard, cropping and colour balancing, altering contast and fill in lights to make you look wonderful can also be credited AND you get extra modelling too!

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads