Models Paying Photographers. Please read...

Viewed 1157 times
Started 2012-09-24T10:07:00+00:00
9 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

CJKPhotography
2012-09-24T10:07:00+00:00
 profile photo
I was just wondering what everyone's concept is on this is, Because latlely I have had a number of messages coming through from "Newcomers, or People Interested in my style of work" They typically start off with "I love your portfolio and would be really interested in having some photos done with you etc etc... Then at the bottom they add in "My rates are".....

I am well aware of paying models when I want photoshoot's done, but surely if someone messages you about YOUR work and them WANTING photos done, why would I PAY them to do it ?... Surely its the opposite way about??.... They should be paying the photographer?

This is not a moan at models as I have a few photoshoots planned with some lovely models on here which I am paying for, however what is your take on models getting in touch with a photographer about photoshoots and then asking for pay? This suggests to me that they are not interested in the modelling / Art part, they simply want you to give them money.

My opinion on it is - If they like my work and want photograph's done by me, I would expect pay or costs coverd etc etc... Is this right? Or am I asking too much?

Thanks for reading again guys , I know you lot put up with alot of my posts!

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads