Are you inspired ,influenced

Viewed 770 times
Started 2013-01-15T11:29:00+00:00
8 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

Paul
2013-01-15T11:29:00+00:00
 profile photo
Just wondering where Photographers get thier inspiration from ? . or do you need it .

I quite often see references to the likes of Ansell Adams , Helmut Newton etc etc being mentioned,
things like " I want to do a Helmut Newton style shoot " . What was his style ?,was he really that good ,
would he and others like him actually "cut the mustard" in todays competetive market.

I would assume that right place right time played a massive part in thier success and not
some extreme shining talent , I mean David Bailey " Who's he " . just a cheeky little chappie :) (with a team )

I've never been easily impressed , and hopefully never influenced by other peoples stuff ,( not knowingly
anyway ) and hopefully never will be . recently I've seen some brilliantly creative shots on here that would stand
up to any of these so called Iconic shots like the film star ? Hair in bun ,cigarette holder and pearls who's name escapes me .

I'd be interested to know, has anybody here recreated this stuff ,and of course was it difficult .

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads