Model rates(again).

Viewed 846 times
Started 2013-07-03T19:48:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

ianredversshearn
2013-07-03T19:48:00+00:00
 profile photo
having been approached recently(and surprisingly lol) by a couple of models interested in doing paid shoots with me(they would get paid not me haha) ive become increasingly bemused where some models get their rates from,so as i have no life ive done some research around this site and others.truly shocking.there was a model on here yesterday with ONE image wanting£100.00 /hour for topless/implied..there are many with rates of £45.00 per hour for the same levels.£15.00/hour seems the lowest for clothed.£30.00/ doesnt seem to be all that rare however.now before i get lynched yes im aware we all have to make a living.but for example £45.00/hour based on a pro rata basis of a 5 day working week of 8 hours per day..(.something im not unfamilier with although i often did 12 hours per day for 6 days!..) equates to a salary of over £93,000.not bad if you can get it.obviously most models wouldnt work 8 hours a day 5 days a week 365 days a year but nonetheless its unrealistic.in my opinion.example..my sons training as a vet in his final year of 6 years at uni.started school at 4 so 20 years study to get there.he would be lucky to get £30,000 when he starts a job.most GPs wouldnt sniff at £93,000.minimum wage is under 7 quid.so how many years study does it take to be a model and earn £45.00 an hour?of course i could be cynical and say lying in bed for 3 days a week then doing a couple of shoots at those rates easily pays the bills but im sure many models would rather working regularly .you only have to look at the castings to realise many find it hard to get work.so......what the solution? are togs actually paying this?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads