Art Nude Photgraphy , Why so serious

Viewed 1207 times
Started 2013-07-11T13:52:00+00:00
10 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

Paul
2013-07-11T13:52:00+00:00
 profile photo
Why is it I wonder that Art Nude photography in general always has to be so serious ?
I can't really ever remember seeing an AN with the model overtly enjoying or even
giving the vibe that that they are enjoying it ,this goes for Male and Female shots , hopefully someone
will point me in the direction of where these pics are hiding .

Retrotogs post on another thread regarding the importance of hands hair etc in Art Nude shots
got me thinking ,how could a shot like this be made to show some real life fun being had without
involving the use of props so it would still be classed or seen as art nude ? .

From the experience I've had with this genre ,during the shoots they always seemed like fun but this
never showed through on my pics in my opinion.

Browsing other peoples work in this genre I'm very seldom blown away by the shots and sometimes
even left feeling a bit down and deflated ,maybe it's a case of " seen one seen em all " thing.

I'd love to hear some models views on this ,would you feel fun type shots show you as not arty or
would it detract from the whole Monochrome silvery lighting thing that seems to be the norm ? .

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads