An advantage to be on multiple sites or a handicap?

Viewed 882 times
Started 2013-07-29T10:57:00+00:00
14 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

retrotog
2013-07-29T10:57:00+00:00
 profile photo
I've often wondered whether there is a brand loyalty to one particular portfolio hosting site by togs and models?
If so many people have mulitple sites it's just as easy to stick to 1 you know and like as you'll find them there anyway.

I recently worked and spoke with a great model who is on 4 sites and says she spends a lot of her day, logging on to each one, taking and sending messages from all 4, taking up a lot of her day, night and evening. Inbetween shooting with me, while on a shoot, she was in touch by text with a tog from another site, who in fact eventually flaked on her.

Just wondered what the proportion is between hours spent arranging (or not arranging) a shoot and the actual hours of face to face shooting?
I try to use only this site and know it takes me a long time just to check emails and send tentative ones out, look at the forums and comment positively on others images and edit and upload images from the 1 or 2 shoots re month I do. I couldn't cope with 4 times the work if on other sites.
How about you?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads