New star system

Viewed 395 times
Started 2013-11-12T21:09:00+00:00
4 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

ianredversshearn
2013-11-12T21:09:00+00:00
 profile photo
just an observation,and i know its very early days.i uploaded a new image yesterday,got 3 stars blah blah.a photographer whos work is head and shoulders(in my humble opinion)above most on the site uploaded a work of absolute perfection,simply stunning,and received 1 star.there is no way on earth my image deserved 3 stars,whoever was judging.the other guys image was worthy of(in my humble opinion again) at least 5 stars on its own merits.against my 3 ...probably 7/8 stars.
this isnt a compliment fishing exercise,its just a fact i believe.im not unhappy,i just dont get it.
without wishing to start another debate over the system at all,i was wondering what other members feel about the judging so far?
is it accurate?
as i mentioned in the other thread,surely the "quality" of an image can only ever be subjective.what appeals to one doesnt appeal to another etc.im not asking people to complain."its not fair etc" or "mines better than his" what is the criteria thats been given?
we are all grown ups and the systems here,it is what it is and is on balance a good system i concede ....over to you guys.....

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads