Microsoft Scam

Viewed 590 times
Started 2014-02-03T11:19:00+00:00
8 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

sbp
2014-02-03T11:19:00+00:00
 profile photo
I've just had a call from an Indian sounding lady called "Stella", informing me she works for Microsoft and that my computer is sending reports from my Windows operating system to them advising them of several errors with my system. She was just in the middle of informing me that this is a serious problem and my computer is slowly shutting down, when I hung up.
I have just gone online and yep as I guessed it's a scam. One to watch for folks. Basically they ask for £180 and get you to download some software onto you computer which basically hands over control to them.

You can read about it here
news.techeye.net/security/microsoft-scam-comes-to-a-phone-near-you#ixzz1BmR208zv

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads