Image Licencing

Viewed 359 times
Started 2014-02-04T14:01:00+00:00
5 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

bpxdev
2014-02-04T14:01:00+00:00
 profile photo
So... a little random and unexpected thing happened a few minutes ago while I was grabbing a test print of one of my landscapes from the local printers.

The guy running the store sells pretty much anything printable be it mugs, t-shirts, mouse mats and postcards.

He really like the image I was having printed and wondered if he could could buy it off me to print and sell on a postcard. After looking through some of the other stuff I had similar to that he got all excited and wanted a few more of them.

I have never sold licences of an image and have no idea about the costs that would be involved. Obviously I don't want to hand over the complete copyrights to him so an individual commercial licence would be best for all concerned. My question being... how much is enough or too much? What kind of ball park am I looking at to charge him for this?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads