Lens focusing calibration

Viewed 666 times
Started 2014-10-06T23:16:00+00:00
11 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-10-06T23:16:00+00:00
 profile photo
OK - even before I ask the question, I know some of the answers I'll get is "Google it" - well I have, and I've downloaded the calibration chart and tweaked with the settings and I'm still not getting crisply focused images. Normally I stick with my Tamron 10-270mm as it has image stabiliser, but I experimented with my Nikon 50mm f1.8 AF D during shoot last week with Lizzie and even she was baffled by the random way the camera focused and then didn't, even with the focus point clearly placed on the eyes/face (and not out of focus due to wide open aperture either).

So my question is, other than resetting to factory defaults, buying 'better glass' or tweaking the calibration even further, are there any other ways of curing soft focusing?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads