Drama

Viewed 572 times
Started 2014-12-22T13:59:00+00:00
11 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

marlham
2014-12-22T13:59:00+00:00
 profile photo
I've noticed that certain models like to foist large amounts of personal 'drama' on the forums - my in-laws don't like me modelling so I'm giving up, I'll give it all up for my boyfriend as he means so much to me, that sort of thing. Suffering for the sake of others - I'm sure you'll know the kind of thing I'm referring to. If I'm honest it just comes across as childish attention seeking to me.

But you can't ignore the droves of people who roll up to express undying support for them, albeit tinged with a certain amount of pity. So the attention seeking clearly works. But I wondered if peoples' sympathy actually translated into bookings too. Personally I'd run a mile as I can't be doing with unnecessary drama or people with childish tendencies. But maybe there's more to this ploy than meets the eye and it's actually a great way of squeezing work out of photographers. What do you think?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads