Courtenay Solarpro 600 circuit diagram

Viewed 769 times
Started 2015-01-12T11:32:00+00:00
5 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2015-01-12T11:32:00+00:00
 profile photo
This is probably a somewhat forlorn hope, but I wonder if any of you nice people have a circuit diagram for Courtenay Solarpro 600 that you could scan and mail to me, please?

Courtenay Solarpro 600 is a 600 Joule, electronically-controlled variable output flash head, manufactured in England in the mid 1990's. They were quite sophisticated (not to mention damned expensive) for the time. Sadly mine have been a pain in the butt from new and had their insides replaced several times - mostly due to clouds of thick, acrid smoke billowing forth. Doncha just love crap British electronics!

Actually, this particular hasn't failed for many years and appears to have a "Patterson Group" motherboard rather than the original Courtenay one. Replaced under warranty as I recall. Nevertheless, the bloody thing went up in smoke on Saturday about 1/2 way through a shoot. I suspect I am going to have to replace it. But if I can keep it going a bit longer it would be good for my meagre finances.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads