Oops..

Viewed 517 times
Started 2015-01-20T01:09:00+00:00
9 following this thread
Back to Site feedback and suggestions

2015-01-20T01:09:00+00:00
 profile photo
Sorry about that!

The 4 hours of downtime was caused because an optimisation process was run on the database, by my request, by the server company.

There was an issue with one of the tables during this optimisation process that wasn't caught by the server company, and I was away from the computer at the time this took place. Once I got back and investigated the issue, I found the problem and got the site kicked back into action.

There was zero data loss as the error was on a table that is used for some simple background log info.

There are a few little bits to tidy up from this issue which will be done in the early hours of the morning to minimise disruption.

Once again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this downtime.

James

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads