Eric

Viewed 601 times
Started 2015-03-15T15:11:00+00:00
9 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

marlham
2015-03-15T15:11:00+00:00
 profile photo
... was a bit dodgy on one leg first thing yesterday morning. His leg was swollen but there were no signs of any breaks and he didn't complain too much when I gave his leg a squeeze.

A couple of hours later Eric was showing signs of laboured breathing. And every now and again he would give a big cough accompanied by what sounded very like a scream. So I decided he needed treatment.

Eric started to look decidedly poorly in the car. Convulsive breathing, wretching/screaming cough and he could barely lift his head. Eyes looked completely glazed. I thought he was going to die at at any moment.

20 minutes later he was undergoing a thorough assessment - lots of shaking of heads. Not good I was told. Signs of internal bleeding according to the blood test, fluid on the right lung, dilated eyes not responding to light and struggling to breath. IV fluids/xrays and sedatives required to complete further investigations. Be prepared for the worst I was told - check back in the morning. Well it wasn't a very restful night.

But this morning he's as bright as a button - looking a little drawn but otherwise OK. Big smile on his face. Well that was unexpected - I was anticipating being told he'd died overnight.

Turns out Eric had eaten a bit too much. And whatever he'd eaten was probably still struggling on its way down. He has a ravenous appetite and will eat just about anything he can catch. Nothing gets left - skin, bone, guts - it all gets consumed. Although on this occasion it seems that his meal was just a little more than he could comfortably chew.

Eric Glover - the cat. Who now has a £300 price tag on his head. Git.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads