Waiting for that response ...

Viewed 800 times
Started 2015-07-23T07:43:00+00:00
17 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2015-07-23T07:43:00+00:00
 profile photo
You do a member search, identify someone you'd like to work with, and fire off an introductory message.

And wait.

And wait.

My thinking goes like this "hobbyist / semi-pro / pro - ALL here looking for opportunities for work - if they were going on hols for a week, they'd update the profile, 'sorry unavailable for a week, maybe a delay in responding to messages'. "

So - in your experience, what is your rule-of-thumb for "I'm not going to get a reply this time" ?
Or is it not a set time but a "gut feeling" that someone won't be responding?

My feelings - if a "serious hobbyist / semi-pro" hasn't answered within 5 working days then it's not going to happen. If someone describes themselves as being a "professional" then I'd expect a response sooner

Thoughts please?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads