Uncredited copyright images on models' profiles

Viewed 357 times
Started 2016-04-25T08:15:00+00:00
4 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2016-04-25T08:15:00+00:00
 profile photo
I'm not going to mention models here by name, but I supply low resolution proofs on all shoots, and heavily mark them as unedited proofs not for publication.

It happens rarely, but one model recently:

- used five of the proofs on her profile;
- failed to credit me;
- failed to provide me with the image numbers of the ones she had used; (I have now checked them and provided fully edited versions).

Should we as photographers have the right to ask the site to substitute the correct finished edited images on models' profiles?

Should we as photographers (and copyright holders) have the right to ask the site to credit us on images posted by models (or anyone else involved in the shoot in question), where the image has not been credited?

My model release does state that it is a requirement, and the model in question did sign the release agreeing to do so.

The shoot in question on this occasion was a TF portfolio builder.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads