PAY A PHOTOGRAPHER and get better images

Viewed 1004 times
Started 2012-01-12T11:54:00+00:00
15 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

retrotog
2012-01-12T11:54:00+00:00
 profile photo
The majority of models and photographers on this and other similar sites are hobbyists.

Why are photographers expected to pay for their hobby and most models expect to be paid for theirs?
I now speak as a photographer but am also an actor, performer, model too.

My equipment and training has cost a fortune, both have to be constantly updated.
Pre shoot communications, travel, studio or room hire and my time, models, cost money. Then there's the editing, if I edit 120 shots at 1 to 2 minutes each that's 2 to 4 hours!

I ask tht all photographers make models aware constantly of these costs and ask for a reasonable minimum of £10 ph or a more reasonable £20 ph plus expenses.
Even if you eventually shoot free or do TFCD all I ask is that all models are made aware that we are not all wealthy and indulging our vanity in this hobby and would like them to place some value on our creative efforts.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads