Ebay - the best and worst place for used camera equipment

Viewed 449 times
Started 2017-07-30T19:09:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2017-07-30T19:09:00+00:00
 profile photo

oh EBAY!

(sorry for using a swear word in open forum)

You can get bargains, and you can find idiots. Sadly, the idiots seem to be on the increase.

Specifically - I love old Zenit cameras - LOVE THEM :) and frequently make purchases on ebay. However, just how difficult can it be for a seller to work out the following?

For the purpose of this rant Zenit bodies have two functional varieties - they either support AUTO mode lenses or they don't.

Lenses are manual, auto, or some have both modes.

Therefore:

Manual lenses work with all Zenit bodies.

Auto lenses only work if the body supports auto mode.

Manual/Auto lenses will always work in manual mode, but auto mode only works if the camera supports it.

SO MANY TIMES I have discovered that sellers have mismatched lenses and bodies!!

If I had the time (and the money!) I would start importing camera equipment from the former Soviet states and start selling it myself, with a guarantee that only appropriate lenses and camera bodies were sold together.

(takes deep breath)

rant over ... :)

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads