Rates vs Fixed Price

Viewed 330 times
Started 2017-12-07T10:03:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

MartyG
1 likes 2017-12-07T10:03:00+00:00
 profile photo

Bit of a mini-rant and looking for other peoples perspective models and photographers alike.

Okay as a hobbyist I am under no great illusions of grandeur that I am absolutely fabbo photographer that everyone should work TFI with me and be privileged for the opportunity (but that's another story). I honestly don't mind paying a sensible amount for a model to give up some of their time to allow me to practice and develop my skills.

If I go and play golf I pay the starter and take my chances on the course whether its a brilliant day (sub 80) or an awful day(100 plus), at the end the starter doesn't come up to me and say here's a £10 refund as I melted the course or put his hand out looking for an extra £40 because I spent more time in bunkers, bushes and rough than I did on the course.

Its hard enough getting a model to come up with more than text speak in comms these days let alone figuring out how much a whole shoot is going to cost.

In the past I have dropped potential shoots because after the initial agreeing to a shoot at their rates they have come back and said hair is going to cost me £x makeup another £y I don't have any decent clothes at £z.

What's wrong with a bit of transparency - the shoot is going to last  up to x hours and cost you £y including all expenses. Or is this just far too simple an approach.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads