Do you photographers buy what you want, or what you need?

Viewed 734 times
Started 2013-07-19T12:56:00+00:00
13 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2013-07-19T12:56:00+00:00
 profile photo
Strange question but I've had criticism from photographers and a few models about my equipment. I use a very old DSLR as my last one got stolen and I couldn't get a lot of money together to replace it. It seems to do a decent job though, all the photo's on my page were taken with it. But I know a few people who will spend £1000 plus a year on new camera's. But in my opinion it's mostly down to how you use the equipment (to a certain level). I also get criticised that I use free software on a 2005 Windows XP computer to edit my photos. As someone who has just left college and desperately looking for work, should I be taking this seriously?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads