Safety advice for models. Your thoughts please?

Viewed 866 times
Started 2013-09-24T18:14:00+00:00
12 following this thread
Back to Site feedback and suggestions

2013-09-24T18:14:00+00:00
 profile photo
This week I have encountered two photographers on here who have worried me over the safety of models.
One of them cancelled a shoot because I said a friend would drop me off and wait around for me locally. (This shoot was due to be two hours away and so my friend and I were going to head to her Mum's afterwards - only another 20 minutes on the road - to stop over for the night.) The shoot booking was for "3 hours max," his words, not mine and I explained that my friend would hit the shops for 3 - 4 hours. This photographer said "I can't have somebody dropping you off and then waiting around town for you. I'm going to have to cancel."
Odd. Right...?
The second 'tog cancelled because I proposed the involvement of an MUA! The MUA I had in mind is near to him and I've had conversations with her recently about the possibility of working together. I wrote to this photographer saying "I might be able to get an MUA to come along," and he wrote back saying "Excuse me? An MUA? That is a chaperone and I do not allow chaperones! I'm afraid I am going to have to cancel."
WTF?!
I am fairly new to self representing and to this site and I've found most 'togs on here to be professional or professionally aspiring. However...
I feel inclined to advise other models that the manner of these two 'togs, above mentioned, is highly unusual in my experience and suspicious to say the least.
I'd really appreciate other peoples thoughts on this?
Also @MadCow/James, what is your position on this? Do you offer safety advice to models looking for work on here?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads