Plus Size Ballet & Art Nude. Opinions?

Viewed 1708 times
Started 2013-11-18T19:14:00+00:00
12 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2013-11-18T19:14:00+00:00
 profile photo
Hey Everyone!...

I reckon this might turn ugly!.. I really hope it doesn't though!..
I just wanted to know what peoples opinions, models, photographers, mua's etc thought about plus size models doing art nude and ballet or dance levels.

Can I just state for the record that I don't feel in the real world a lady who is a size 12 or above is 'plus size' this unfortuntely has stuck due to these ideals being used for Fashion Modelling!... I think that the catergory 'plus size' instantly puts people into brackets and suggests that possibily these ladies are somehow not as good or appropriate. I think we should just have models!... and that should be it!...

I personally haven't seen many images of 'plus size' models in ballet poses, and being a dancer (from a few years back) I decided to give it a go!... I have two ballet images on my portfolio... as a 'plus size' model I wondered what you thought to them...

Do you think plus size models should do more art nude and dance style images (if they have the dance experience) or do you feel their figures do not suit this style... if so why? (and please give intelligant responses)
Do you think plus size models can portray the same feelings and styles making great images!...Or do they add something extra to the image!?

I know its a controversial subject... but I'd like to know and discuss what people think...
And if anything I would like this to further encourage 'plus size' models to participate more in art nude.

Elle

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads