Mid-Range or Top Of The Shop!!!!

Viewed 773 times
Started 2011-08-01T20:59:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2011-08-01T20:59:00+00:00
 profile photo
Hi Guys,

Right short of it; I want to buy a new flash unit!
Nissin i866 / Nikon SB600 / SB700 / SB800 / SB900

The background!
Taken photography back up after a long break, had to replace every little bit of my equipment! Normally I buy the item I need for my next booking. I started it back up with no investment apart from enough to get the camera - Nikon D90! I've got alot of entry level stuff now, and use the majority of income to invest in new stuff.
But I've ticked most of the boxes, so I've now got to consider replace stuff with better.

The next item is to be a flash unit! But WHICH one. The choices are as above!

Do I go for the cheap options that are getting good reviews (like the Nissin), do I got for the name on the camera but the cheaper end to allow me to upgrade something else (like SB600/700/800) or do I go top end and get the beast of a unit (SB900). Utilising the CLS on the nikon is desired, easy to use is desired, a unit that reminds you that you've gone from indoors to outdoors and that you should now change some settings would be amazing!!! Work with other flashes but without having to buy a pocket wizard - great!
Off camera is a must!

It's like going to the supermarket with it's branding levels! I've been no-frills shopping for a while to be able just to start - but now I can afford something more sexier than the no frills - So do I go up 1 level and get the supermarket brand band (nissin/SB600) or do I go for the premium brand band (SB900)?

Or is their a better choice out their?

Roy, LRP

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads