To back up your system or not ?

Viewed 426 times
Started 2014-02-06T17:10:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

Photo Baz
2014-02-06T17:10:00+00:00
 profile photo
How many times are we all told to back up our photos our files our documents etc do we all do it ? I certainly will from now on.

Well from this day forward I am going to, I have an external hard drive for my photos which I back up (when the mood takes me) I carried out a shoot last Friday, downloaded the images put some on here and edited the ones appropriate for the model and emailed them over.

Then yesterday (Wednesday) turned my computer on all was well then BANG it threw a wobbly the screen went off and on off and on, then I got a blue screen with the windows logo on it a lot of icons had gone, check my picture file NO HORROR they had all gone, check my documents nothing they had all gone all my accounts my letters my advertising stuff everything gone including all emails and addresses everything wiped clean gone with the wind, OH S---t was my first thought.

Not knowing what to do I phoned a friend (no not who wants to be a millionaire friend) what can I do he went not a lot it sounds like your hard drive has been corrupted and everything has been wiped clean, he is going to take a look for me, but I had one piece of saving grace I use Picasa 3 for my editing I'm not into Photoshop I like images to be true images as near as possible, but that's me.

But Picasa 3 was a life saver the icon was still on the screen I clicked on it and hey presto all my images were still within Picasa result, but everything else gone.

So my advice guys and girls always back up I certainly will in the future when I get my new computer the weekend.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads