Rejection

Viewed 1112 times
Started 2014-03-20T14:55:00+00:00
12 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

bpxdev
2014-03-20T14:55:00+00:00
 profile photo
How do you deal with your work being rejected by a client?

I'm finding it pretty hard (first time even though I've not been trading long) and wanted to know other peoples thoughts on the matter. I should explain the situation though so it doesn't come across as me being bitter.

A month ago I was approached by a potential client asking for some work done. He explained he was commissioning me for this job and another Tog for something else order to compare our work and see who he wanted to work with in the future.

Did the thing, and in my opinion got some pretty decent shots out of the whole affair. I bounced the images off a few objective eyeballs to be sure I wasn't just being big headed and it was agreed the work was of a reasonably high standard.

2 Days ago we have a meeting where he explains that he doesn't want to use my work, and has decided to go with the other Tog instead. (I did a quick look up and yup, in all fairness his work was better than mine, no sour grapes though.)

The client made the observation that there was nothing wrong with my technique however he and the other Tog both agreed that my equipment was not quite up to the task (I had to makeshift a light box and some other equipment) and since the other Tog had all the real gear on hand his images came out on top.

Ok, fair enough. I'm not going to throw my teddies out the pram. He declined to pay since he wasn't going to use my images, we shook hands and he buggered off back into the world.

I feel a little lost as to how to react.

I'm really trying not to let this get me down as I am sure many people have suffered rejection of their work and I doubt it will be the last time but I can't shake this "puppy that's just been kicked in the head" kind of feeling.

How do you resolve this? How have you come to move past it?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads