Does portfolio photograph choice limit work for models?

Viewed 501 times
Started 2014-03-28T11:53:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-03-28T11:53:00+00:00
 profile photo
I've just joined out of interest in doing more people photography, but only found one model who would fit the stuff I'm interested in, lifestyle and country life stuff. I'm sure there must be dozens more on here who would fit the bill, but looking through portfolios I find as lot of people limit themselves by what they put on there. If you want to do glamour photography, then I understand why you would post those sort of pictures, but I'm sure models would get more work with a wider portfolios, because at the end of the day you could be the perfect model for what a photographer needs, but if the range of styles in your pictures doesn't show that you could get passed by. Another thing I find strange is the number of what look like studio shots done by bored photographers who are selling packages to wannabe models with the same poses, same props and no individuality which reflects the person. Then there are the badly shot and badly composed shots which give no idea of what the person looks like. OK I'll duck now before the comments start flying, but I would be interested in hearing what both models and photographers think about this.

By the way, the one person who really grabbed my attention was somebody who had given some to thought to this and put up a range of pictures, one of which showed her with a horse, which was what made me wake up and take notice. If you look at Rebecca Louise's portfolio on here you'll see what I mean about a wide range of styles.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads