Tattoos and other minor irritations.

Viewed 1322 times
Started 2014-04-10T18:23:00+00:00
17 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-04-10T18:23:00+00:00
 profile photo
As some of you will know as I've commented on your pictures I've been trawling through the image posts to look for the good, the bad and the indifferent. There is some excellent work on this site, but there also pictures I look at and think 'Why?'

One of my pet irritations is the current trend towards tattoos. A sailing dinghy set against the sunset may look good when you are 18, but 30 years and a few stone later it will look like an aircraft carrier. My eldest daughter has a small tattoo of two Chinese characters at the base of her spine which, according to the guy at the Chinese restaurant she was working reads 'Good Luck', but may well actually read 'Die Engish Dog.' for all we know. as my daughter has only seen it backwards in a mirror and I don't read Chinese.

Photographs in which the tattoo forms the subject matter are fine, but I keep coming across portraits, wedding shots and all sorts of other shots in which large and prominent tattoos detract from the image. I would have thought that tattoos large enough to need a lot of retouching would be a disadvantage to a model looking for bread and butter work.

I'm warming to the idea of doing artistic nudes, but a lot of the nudes on here are less than artistic to put it mildly. This may be down to the other types of nude modelling being more profitable, but as I've never done any type of nude photography, (Far too cold on location) I can't really comment, but would be interested to hear from those who are, both models and photographers.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads