How much is a model's time worth?

Viewed 754 times
Started 2014-04-20T11:26:00+00:00
11 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-04-20T11:26:00+00:00
 profile photo
I've seen a wide variety of rates on here and wondered what the consensus of opinion was on this. I can understand why models have different rates for different types of work, because if you are going to appear in publications naked, where all your friends and family might see you it has to be worth getting your kit off. There seems to be a wide range of charges for other work though and I've noticed that not all models even charge travelling expenses. Given the cost of travel these days this seems ridiculous, because unless you are doing a home shoot or working locally you've got to get to the studio or location. Another aspect of this is the time taken in total, so what is the average time for a location shoot by models on here?

An hourly rate for someone trying to break into modelling is, or should be, lower than someone who models for a living, but what would members consider to be a reasonable charge for a couple of hours doing portrait, product and lifestyle shoots?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads