On the levels.

Viewed 747 times
Started 2014-04-21T17:25:00+00:00
5 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-04-21T17:25:00+00:00
 profile photo
Looking through various models profiles I've noticed they change their levels fairly frequently. One model who was saying open leg yesterday is saying artistic nude today and another who said she wouldn't do nude is now offering all levels. Is this because they've had a reality check and realised they are not going to be Britain's top model 2014, but can get work reasonably easily in the glamour market because there are a lot more glamour photographers out there than top fashion photographers. Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of newcomers literally tick all the boxes, I'm sure in some cases without having read the guide on what the various levels involved.

It works both ways of course and models looking for photographers to boost their portfolios obviously read the levels on the photographer's profile. In my case I've only ticked the lower levels because at the moment I'm mainly interested in working at those levels to get some really good quality shots, rather than shooting everything and hoping something will work out.

I'd be interested to hear the views of models and photographers on this one, because whilst I can understand a new model wants to gain confidence before going to the next level, it seems strange that they would go the other way. Do you think levels indicated affects what is offered and the amount of work offered?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads