Thieving scum

Viewed 555 times
Started 2014-04-28T09:44:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-04-28T09:44:00+00:00
 profile photo
As those of you that are linked to me on Facebook know, my house was broken into on Friday night and all of my photography kit was stolen (as well as some jewelry and other items). The thieves took my Canon EOS 7D, 20D, IXUS, and Olympus OM2 cameras, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 50 mm f/1.8 II, EF 75-300mm F/4.0-5.6 USM III, EFS 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, Zuiko 35mm and 75-300 lenses, 3 flash guns and 3 kit bags.

I now do not own a camera, and I'm sorry but obviously I'll be emailing everyone I have a shoot booked with to cancel.

.... but, on the assumption that my insurance company does eventually cough up for my loss (probably not in full though) I now have the unexpected opportunity to rethink what kit I really need. I'm thinking of staying with Canon mainly as I won't have to learn a new menu system, but I don't have to. In the meantime I'm thinking of getting a Canon EOS-M as a "tide-me-over".

What would you do if you were me (other then try to catch and castrate the thieving scumbags)?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads