Discovering Talent

Viewed 457 times
Started 2011-08-31T20:59:00+00:00
5 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2011-08-31T20:59:00+00:00
 profile photo
I have become frustrated by the number of times I am at the supermarket or the beach and I see someone I think I would like to photograph but don't know how to make an approach. The other night I went to an online printing company and in ten minutes I had designed a business card using their software.

The card simply says my name and 'Photographer', my contact details and how to access my Flickr site. It then says 'I gave you this card because I think you are photogenic. If you think you would like to be photographed then take a look at my work on Flickr and if you are still interested then contact me.'

The card is due to arrive from the printers in the next couple of days. Will I have the courage and the gift of the gab to use it, I wonder?

Does anyone have any experiences of approaching strangers in the street in the hope of finding a new subject for a photoshoot?

I am not a commercial photographer, at least not right now. I'm a retired and highly experienced documentary film maker who just happens to love the still image at this late stage in his creative life. Pictures of people are what make me want to get out of bed in the morning...if that makes any sense...

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads