Image comments

Viewed 595 times
Started 2014-06-24T14:26:00+00:00
11 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

ianredversshearn
2014-06-24T14:26:00+00:00
 profile photo
this is something i personally havent really experienced.ive always been fortunate to receive encouragement,advice and assistance from others since ive been on here....mainly assistance lol,but ive noticed there seems to be a trend for not commenting on images,even when they are staring you in the face on the starred ribbon.i dont understand why if people take the trouble to view an image and they like it,why cant they cant either click the like button or type a few words of encouragement?personally,i always try to.i think its polite and i cant see how anybody wouldnt appreciate it.i know its not compulsory,but it isnt exactly difficult.i also accept perfectly that not everything one produces will be liked or attract comments,thats fair enough.
i see stunning images here everyday,see them feature on the home page and yet they seem to go unnoticed.why is this?id be over the moon if i was able to produce some of this work and everyday i gain inspiration from the talented people on here.
so,is it professional jealousy? are some people just too cool to give praise?do some people resent the fact that others work is better than theirs perhaps?
i dont know about anybody else,but when ive worked hard to try and produce something i like,it means a lot if somebody else likes it too.i dont do it for them,or fish from compliments as im sure most people dont.but surely you want others to see it and like it? why else would you upload it.ok,its to attract work of course,but it adds up to the same thing.if somebody likes your work,maybe they will want to work with you.so why not tell others you like their work too?
everybody deserves a little praise sometimes.surely none of us are so arrogant that we think our own work is the best all the time?
anybody have any answers?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads