Back to the forties.

Viewed 376 times
Started 2014-07-04T19:56:00+00:00
2 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-07-04T19:56:00+00:00
 profile photo
I'm just loading up to go off for two days shooting 40's fashion again, but also had a couple of shoots come in for later this month. It seems to be a bit like buses, once you've caught one they queue up behind you. It was well worth going last week because I've even been stalked on Facebook this week by one of my 'Models', who has lots of contacts with original vintage clothes, so I'm hoping to come back with some more shoots arranged. It does seem strange to be photographing people again, as I stopped doing it when I stopped being a press photographer, where I had to shoot whatever I was pointed at. This time round I can decide who and what I want to shoot, which let's me concentrate on what I want to get out of the shot, which can only be good for me and my subject.

I've just been sorting a few props out to give a twist. The girl I want to do some shots with tomorrow is wearing W.A.A.F uniform and I've got a Spitfire to play with, so I typed in 'Spitfire Manual' on Google and unbelievably Haynes do a workshop manual for Supermarine Spitfires. I'm also taking along a couple of Luftwaffe reconnaissance shots which I got years ago and a Walther replica automatic, just hope I don't get stopped by the police, as although it's all legal it could take some explaining.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads