Bogus offers.

Viewed 1178 times
Started 2010-02-24T21:41:00+00:00
2 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

Alyce May
2010-02-24T21:41:00+00:00
 profile photo
Since I started modelling last year I have had so many fake offers and unprofessional offers that, to be honest, I've become a little disheartened by it all.
To begin with, I got the chance to do the shoot with Mick Hutson, arranged by Darren Harper who used to run Mad Cow. I flew to London and when I got there I got a call from Darren telling me that Mick's flight had been delayed and I wouldn't be able to get my shoot. I had paid for both the shoot and the flights which he assured me I would be reimbursed for which was decent of him but no doubt knocked my confidence for a while. It was my first time flying and I had to spend about 8 hours in an airport alone. It was pretty horrible.
In the past few recent months I have been offered a few jobs all of which I have accepted, made plans with the photographers or company's for then it'll come to a week before the shoot and I'll never hear from them again!
What am I doing wrong?
A lot of the time it's if I persist in questioning what use the photographs will go towards or if I ask for a reference from someone.
If taking safety measures is scaring people off then should I write them off as disreputable or am I being over cautious?
Is anyone else having these issues?
I'd love to get feedback on this issue.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads