The girl in the street.

Viewed 728 times
Started 2014-07-12T17:01:00+00:00
9 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-07-12T17:01:00+00:00
 profile photo
We've all seen them, the girl on the train, in the street, or at the airport, or in Costa who would make the perfect shot, but what would be their reaction if we approached them? Last week my approach worked because the people had spent a lot on 40's kit, so would the same approach work in the street if I approached someone and asked them if I could take their photograph as a means of breaking the ice? I almost asked someone on the train last night if I could take her portrait, but she never put her phone down throughout the journey and got off before me. There were a lot of very well dressed and attractive girls in Cannock this morning. but this afternoon a carnival was on and I didn't see anyone I would want to ask. I've never had a problem with talking to strangers, due partly to having worked in press photography and also in jobs which involved dealing with the public, so I'm planning to give it a go.

One thing I have noticed is that in cafes or on public transport the fact that I've got an obviously professional camera does attract looks from women, especially if I've got my laptop on editing pictures.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads