Lights, camera, action, but don't get blood on my armour.

Viewed 433 times
Started 2014-07-15T09:21:00+00:00
2 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-07-15T09:21:00+00:00
 profile photo
I'm on the road again this weekend, first for a meeting with some local re-enactors who have agreed to model mediaeval battle shots, then hopefully to the largest multi period re-enactment going at Kelmarsh Hall in Northampton, to make contacts with a variety of re-enactors from different periods.

Someone posted a brilliant shot from Tewkesbury last week, of one of my contacts cutting someone's throat, but with no blood and shiny armour. When I was in the Sealed Knot years ago everyone had fake scars and used stage blood in equal proportion to Brut, the aftershave of the day, which Henry Cooper told people to splash all over. this was certainly true of the fake blood and a favourite trick was to put a blood capsule in your mouth and face the crowd before spitting it out when someone shot you. There was even a guy whose party trick was to wear a bullet strike harness and fire it in the middle of a battle, so his chest exploded like one of Tarentino's film stars.

I suspect health and safety has now taken over and although I have no idea what a full set of armour costs it can't be cheap. So far I've had a positive response from people I've approached about doing a series of mediaeval battle portraits, but will they be as keen when I mention make up, blood and gore?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads