Registering disappointment

Viewed 429 times
Started 2014-07-29T21:39:00+00:00
8 following this thread
Back to Site feedback and suggestions

2014-07-29T21:39:00+00:00
 profile photo
Maybe it's me but I think I've detected a bit of a trend recently. I've been fortunate to work with some great models since I joined this site but as they've been so good I haven't had to work that hard at getting nice, creative poses. I'm therefore writing to new models with little or no experience so that I can develop my skills in asking (ever so nicely!) models to create the look I'm striving for. Like others have mentioned in various threads, often this results in being ignored. Sometimes messages are read, sometimes not - but no reply is forthcoming. This of course shows up in the member's response rate so that we can all steer clear of people who don't reply.

However, I've now written to 4 or 5 models who have replied in pretty positive terms, saying that they would like to work with me. However, when I've got back to them with further details and to check availability, rates etc. they then fail to reply. Some of them have even taken the trouble to look at my port and offer some flattering feedback - but still disappear off the radar. But the fact that they have replied once means, of course, that their response rate isn't affected. I'm wondering, therefore, if others are experiencing something similar and I'd be particularly keen to know if models get this when trying to arrange shoots with togs.

I personally don't particularly want to provide feedback on what is essentially a non-event, as I might well still want to work with the person concerned. So I was wondering whether it might be possible to have a button - a sort of "unlike" button I suppose - where members could register a failure to follow through, fatuous excuses for not shooting and so on. Essentially registering disappointment in circumstances that don't merit reporting or negative feedback. It could even show green/amber/red, depending on the number of members hitting it. We would all then have an additional early warning of potential time wasters. Just to emphasise - I don't want this to turn into another "bash the model" session. I'm sure there are equal numbers of models out there who have had poor responses from togs and it would be good to have their input into this suggestion.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads