Professional Courtesy....

Viewed 632 times
Started 2014-10-01T09:04:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2014-10-01T09:04:00+00:00
 profile photo
I had an unfortunate incident yesterday. I had arranged to shoot a model at 4pm, and texted her on arrival at the designated meeting spot. The text I had attempted to send much earlier confirming the details had failed to send, so on my arrival she informed me she was still shooting with another photographer, as she was unsure I was going to turn up (though my phone was on, and she made no attempt to contact me requesting confirmation) She said she would be wrapped up in about forty mins, so given the time and money spent getting to the location, I elected to retire to a nearby hostelry and wait. after an hour and twenty mins, I sent another text, no response after two hours I got fed up waiting and got back on the train home, only to then get a text saying she was ready for me, by which time it was to late!

Although, clearly most of the blame lies with the model, for assuming I wasnt turning up and double booking, it got me thinking. He had already shot two hours with her before I arrived, must have known I was waiting, yet still took another two hours to wrap up his shoot! On reflection, I think this is a bit rich! I often work around videographers, to try and make sure i don't get in their shots, etc, but is the concept of professional courtesy old fashioned in an everyman for himself world? Do I have a right to think he should have made more effort to speed up his shoot? and has anyone else had incidents when no professional courtesy was given their way?
Your thoughts and anecdotes please!

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads