Profile notes.do they mean anything? does anybody read them?

Viewed 752 times
Started 2014-10-02T09:28:00+00:00
13 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

ianredversshearn
2014-10-02T09:28:00+00:00
 profile photo
having contacted in excess of a dozen models since returning a week ago,on this site and one other,ive come to the conclusion they are mostly bollox.
hand picking the candidates after reading statements along the lines of "fully commited,enthusiastic,100% reliable,looking for new ideas,willing to travel,experienced,professional attitude,looking for new and exciting challenges." blah blah blah.........ive received a couple of lacklustre replies,2 initially enthusiastic and then suddenly excuses about not having had time to read emails,not sure about travel,another couple just not replying,messages unread.etc etc etc.the majority not even reading the message at all.
now,i know for a fact that only a couple even bothered to visit and view my profiles,so it cant be because they think my work is rubbish.(I could happily accept that).
it isn't because ive said anything rude,unpleasant,missleading or suspicious.ive been nothing but polite and courteous at all times.
I have clearly stated I am offering paid shoots,at more than generous rates in order to refresh my portfolio.
ive also added travel expenses where appropriate.
ive even agreed to supply images on top to a couple that asked the question,purely as an incentive to bag a shoot.i thought people liked to earn money?
so far,im sad to report that none of the above portfolio note claims have proven to be true.
quite the contrary in fact.
so,either im doing something wrong or people just write any old bull crap in their notes.(which in some cases sound like the desperation of an x-factor hopeful).
I suspect there are some photographer notes that follow similar lines..."been there,done this/done that/years of experience /used to be professional"....etc etc etc.
now,as you all know.im not a man to become frustrated easily(ahem).,but surely..SURELY..if people can be bothered to write all this rubbish,they at least have some enthusiasm to make an effort.
or am I naïve?
so the question dear friends is this..
"how much notice do you take of profile notes when looking for a booking?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads