Viewed 441 times
Started 2014-10-20T08:07:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

Perfectpink
2014-10-20T08:07:00+00:00
 profile photo
Just had the following reply from a model:

"Hi love to I have a manager looks after me and 20 more models all new he is happy for me to work with all out there but he like to meet you 1st"

So there is a guy who "runs" 20 new models and takes a chunk of their fees and insists on meeting all photographers first. In my 27 years experience these "managers" do nothing but take fees from models and waste photographers time with another layer of emails contacts and wants. When he insists on meeting all photographers first, might I suggest that a high percentage of photographers, like me, will just walk away and move on to the next model?

I do run a website for models wanting to get into being grid girls - www.racingbabes.co.uk. I have almost 600 girls on there. Do I take a fee from them? No, never. Do I get involved in the jobs they get offered through the site? No, never. Do I take a penny of their earnings? No never.

As a guide to models, a manager can generally do nothing that you can't do yourself with a little research and care, and most just try to control you and earn from you. There are some exceptions - but they tend to be the big international agencies.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads