Viewed 828 times
Started 2014-11-10T09:35:00+00:00
12 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

PamelaM
2014-11-10T09:35:00+00:00
 profile photo
Hi Guys,

I have been doing shoots now for about a year and class myself as amateur, and it got me wondering, at what point does a model become semi-professional or Professional? I see so many profiles on here that are deemed semi-pro or pro by the individual, and I can't help sometimes but to think... really?? I fully understand the definitions to the terms. However, I would expect a so-called professional to help create good images or at least look good in an image taken by a photographer of any level.

The length of time someone has been modelling combined with the number of shoots they have taken part in measures experience.
Is professional status based purely on the financial element, or is there a case that it could be image driven also?

Just curious :-)

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads