Rates - Fantasy vs. Reality

Viewed 1173 times
Started 2015-03-11T14:12:00+00:00
25 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2015-03-11T14:12:00+00:00
 profile photo
Ok. It has been debated to death on other forums... But, just wondered what everyone was genuinely paying these days...?

I appreciate that there is no industry standard set rates and that each model/tog are free to negotiate and settle on what price they want or are willing to pay.

However, I just received this....

"I don't know what models you Work with but the photographers I work with pay me the proper rates and tell me not to get pulled in by people offering so low. Do you not have respect for the models you Work with, or do you always try and get things as cheap as possible? I think it's wrong, and I feel sorry for the girls that are getting sold short by people like you, and they have to sign a model release?!?"

A simple... "sorry but I was expecting XYZ rate" would have been a better way to negotiate I think.

For context, I was offering a quick 2 hour shoot @ £45 an hour for US Mag... hardly low ball in my humble opinion. But I'm happy to stand corrected.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads