History of Photography

Viewed 451 times
Started 2015-03-24T11:44:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2015-03-24T11:44:00+00:00
 profile photo
I recently bought Photography The Definitive History by Tom Ang, I can highly recommend this for anyone who really has a love for photography (Which I would hope would be 100% of the photographers in here, as you gotta have the passion for the trade)
It does what it says and goes through the ages of photography, the pictures, the equipment, styles etc etc, It drills down into some of the all time great photographs and it got me thinking, When these shots were taken, did the shooter think "Thats going to be a classic" or was it just 1 of many taken that day, will some of the shots we see on here be looked at with the same fondness that we look back on our forefathers shots or is the trade drowning in all the mobile selfies. I think (And hope) that photos are so throw away these days that only the best will stand the test of time and in 100 years or so we wont be drowning in photos of early 21st century, there will still only be so many that have lasted like there is now from the pioneers.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads