Knocked sideways this morning

Viewed 601 times
Started 2015-07-28T10:33:00+00:00
12 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2015-07-28T10:33:00+00:00
 profile photo
Just not sure what to do with this info today, pls forgive if this post isn't as well thought out as others.

I just found out that someone is dead. Hey, people die all the time, and this is someone I hardly had any dealings with at all. A member of the local radio station, as a photographer I swapped occasional emails with her on newsworthy topics.

News report here: www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/latest-news/memorial-fund-set-up-in-memory-of-broadcaster...

" ... her diagnosis with terminal cancer just a few weeks ago ... Stuart said Emily had been diagnosed with a rare and incurable form of lung cancer last month. He said: “Emily was 32 and never smoked, so the thought of terminal cancer was a huge shock to us. "

But a 32 y.o non-smoker being killed by lung cancer? I mean wtf?? Leonard Nimoy ("Mr Spock") who lived to 83 regularly warned that tobacco had damaged his health (‘Don’t smoke. I did. Wish I never had. LLAP’ as he tweeted) and died of lung failure.

How does a young woman non-smokers life get ended this way?

I just don't get it at all :(

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads