Viewed 1867 times
Started 2015-10-15T10:08:00+00:00
15 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

marlham
8 likes 2015-10-15T10:08:00+00:00
 profile photo
I just don't get it.

OK I can just about accept that a mature model dressed up in a school uniform might look so ridiculous as to be amusing. But when a model's appearance is altered to make her look very young too what's that all about? And why is it that some photographers who seem to like this 'genre' subscribe to collections of real schoolgirls going about their daily business? Research or moodboard maybe?

To me it seems weird and if I had children I'd find it alarming - actually I do if I'm honest but don't want to polarise the debate too much. But more than once I've had it pointed out to me by models who've been approached by photographers here and elsewhere that looking at that kind of material in their ports and in their collections elsewhere spooks them and gives them the shudders.

So, again, I just don't get it.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads