Professionals

Viewed 1075 times
Started 2015-10-31T10:55:00+00:00
18 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

Burntimage
2 likes 2015-10-31T10:55:00+00:00
 profile photo
I see on here that a lot of photographers who sign up describe themselves as professionals and yet when I look at their portfolios I see a great deal of very mediocre work and it surprises me that they can be making a living shooting to their standard when I hear from many really excellent professionals that they find it almost impossible to make ends meet these days.

So, if I were to pursue the wispy thought I have about turning pro am I better off dumbing down my work to get heads through the door or should I try and up my ability and charge higher rates but know that few people will book me.

How would shooting low quality images impact if I were also offering masterclasses in lighting etc? The two seem incompatible and yet I see many 'professionals' offering this service.

Confused of Lower Ability
Crapshire

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads