Unsolicited critique, what's the ettiquette?

Viewed 582 times
Started 2016-02-18T11:53:00+00:00
12 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

1 likes 2016-02-18T11:53:00+00:00
 profile photo
Recently, I got some grief here for pointing out unsolicited critique! so here's the lowdown for the new, or the hard of understanding! Basically, comments section is , what do you like about this photograph?, and the general rule is, if you can't say anything nice, say nothing! Working on the assumption that, if I want your critique,I'll ask for it, there are two ways you can do this if your actually open for critique! One, ask for a portfolio review, two, there's a little box called constructive critique welcome which is an option when you upload a photograph!

I pointed out that unsolicited critique is not welcome on a photographers/ models port, only to be blocked by the member, who then retaliated by by giving me some unsolicited critique! The thread was then blocked so I had no right of reply!

So, please be aware of how it works.....
Feel free to comment on how you feel about this subject.....

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads