Camera not 'catching' flash

Viewed 666 times
Started 2012-02-05T21:41:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

2012-02-05T21:41:00+00:00
 profile photo
Hi, folks.

I am hoping someone can help me out, as I am fairly sure this MUST be an easily resolved problem.

I have just bought two interfit flash heads having read good reviews online. The problem is that the camera is not 'catching' the flash ! Wierd. Taking a photo of the flash heads, it is quite clear that their flash has not been captured by the camera, even though I could see them triggering !

I am just using the cell thing ... the flash heads respond to seeing the camera flash. I suspect this might be the problem, and I do intend buying a wireless trigger system ASAP, but, in the short term, is there something that I should do ? I am using a Canon 1000d, and can't see anything in the menu that might help other than 1st and 2nd curtain. I gather that I should be using the 1st curtain setting for fashion photography ... am I right with this assumption ?

Also ... triggers .... what do you other togs recommend ?

Hope to hear from folks soon !

Simon.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads