Why don't tattoo artists get credited?

Viewed 565 times
Started 2012-09-13T21:45:00+00:00
2 following this thread
Back to Member Chat

retrotog
2012-09-13T21:45:00+00:00
 profile photo
I have seen some wonderful tattoos on some wonderful models. BUT. Who did them?
Painters and sculptors sign their work. Do tattoo artists?
Photographers used to have negatives as proof of ownership now a digital image has details of date and time and camera and owners can usualy prove or claim ownership. Often a particular 'style' is obvious to afficionados, such as David Penprase images can be easily recognised by his style.
Is there a particular 'school' of tattoo creators, like The Newlyn School' of artists?
Why don't models advertise their works of art., 'my backpiece was done by----', 'my sleeve by -----'
As in the painting world, are there renowned artists that people crave to have on their bodies? When a famous tattoo artist dies does his art work increase in value and your credibility as a tattooed model increase in status or value?
Please let me know what you think.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ModelFolio, nor its associates.
ModelFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join ModelFolio for Free! Log in

By using ModelFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads